Identity theft happens. It’s an unfortunate fact of modern life. But there are certain steps you can take to help keep your personal information from falling into the wrong hands.
Here are five easy ways:
- Read your credit card and bank statements carefully and often.
- Know your payment due dates.
- If a bill doesn’t show up when you expect it, look into it.
- Read the statements from your health insurance plan.
- Make sure the claims paid match the care you got.
- Shred any documents with personal and financial information.
- Review each of your three credit reports at least once a year. It’s easy, and it’s free.
- Get your Free Credit Reports Here
Before you know it, protecting your personal information can be as routine as locking your doors at night.